Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Iexplorer error in User.exe

• Please log in to reply

gennec

gennec

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am contilually getting the same error message "Internet Exlorer caused an error in user.exe" and frequent dissconnects from the internet.

The browser only lasts for about 15 minutes at a time gives the error message and crashes.
The reason I suspect it could be a trojan or spyware is that this that this is the second time I have had this problem since i reformatted my hard drive. :mad:

Since I couldnt find any solution the first time I used an internet explorer removal tool to take of internet explorer and reinstall it. I was still getting disconnects but my dial up provider told me it was the noise on the phone line causing the problem.
I put on a sygage firewall, pop up stopper, spysweeper, and ad-aware and things seemed fine.

Today I started getting the same error message again and my Norton antivirus updates refuse to load. I found this site and used Housecall and it found two Trojans called TROJ DLOADER.BE in the windows restore\temp file but said it could not access them.
What do I do now to get rid of them and how can I find out if I have something else lurking around causing my user.exe error?

Advertisements