Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Laptop memory

• Please log in to reply

bigfastf150

bigfastf150

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I have a laptop with PC2100 DDr 256 MHz CL2.5 memory in it, I would like to know if any memory with that specification will work in my laptop. If anyone can let me know, that would be great.

Thanks.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Providing it does not exceed the maximum module size

Download and install Everest Home Edition

Run the programme, click + next to computer then DMI then memory controller to get number of slots and maximum module size

If you visit crucial.com then you may be able to use faster memory, though you would then need to replace all the memory because the faster memory would be slowed down to the speed of the slowest installed memory stick