Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

win xp fax feature (problem solved)

• Please log in to reply

computernewb

computernewb

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
hello, everyone here was very helpful in the past and I'm here again for your assistance :)

I've used win xp fax before. However I'm unable to send anything and I don't know why. I BELIEVE i have it setup correctly. Everytime I send a document it just says "pending" without sending anything.

I'm using notepad write my letter then hit printer. There is an option for either printer or fax. I select fax then hit print. Doing that takes me to the fax wizard. any thoughts or suggestions would be really nice since this document/letter has to be sent sometime today! :) :tazz:

also if anyone has an "easier" fax program thats free, that would be nice. (i like my win xp fax though and would still like to know what i'm doing wrong)

you can also hit me up on yahoo messenger {edited out user name) THANKS again :woot:

Edited by computernewb, 19 January 2006 - 12:33 PM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you got a dial up modem

computernewb

computernewb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
problem solved. I can fax if I"m not online...

Edited by computernewb, 19 January 2006 - 12:32 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you have ADSL, have you got filters fitted to the phone lines

If you are online and pick the phone up, does it disconnect

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
that would make sense....as being online means your modem is busy...and therefore couldn't fax

computernewb

computernewb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

that would make sense....as being online means your modem is busy...and therefore couldn't fax

:tazz: YUP

See I don't like posting here unless I REALLY need help, maybe that was a stupid post but at least I was able to figure it out :) I ALWAYS use the search function and google first for my answer then when that comes up negative then I seek you guys out....

Anyway, thanks for your help you guys are really awsome... btw, does a donation intitle us to any SPECIAL treatment? :)

btw I get my dsl next week. It's suppose to be pretty easy to install and setup so we'll see about that... (can't wait to play my xbox live FINALLY) anyway I'm rambling.... thanks and BYE

Edited by computernewb, 19 January 2006 - 09:55 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
no it wasn't a stupid question....and i'm sorry if my response sounded as if i thought it was....that was more of one of those "i've been there" things...

donations have no bearing on how you get helped..

good luck with the dsl

computernewb

computernewb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

no it wasn't a stupid question....and i'm sorry if my response sounded as if i thought it was....that was more of one of those "i've been there" things...

Heavens no, your response was fine.. I know in this business the problem is something VERY simple so it was not unreasonable to ask that question...

donations have no bearing on how you get helped..

well THAT sucks !!!

j/k :)

good luck with the dsl

well I can read and follow directions sooo hopefully I should'nt have a problem BUT if you see my name you'll know I ran into trouble somewhere... thanks again for all your help :tazz: