Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sound Card Search-Windows XP Professional

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
This is the rebirth of an old posting which I was not able to jump on as I was involved with other problems with XP Pro.

I have extracted a computer detected sound card from XP because I could not at the time find the necessary driver fo it. In fact Wizard couldn't find it on the net either. I even checked with DriverGuide.com but couldn't zero in on it.

However here is the info that I extracted from the card by visual check:

FCC ID: LWHA381F20
EP VO 9848
CHIP IDENTIFICATION: Advance Logic, Inc
ALS120
84088T1 847C Taiwan

If I found this driver listed on Driversguide.com, how can I tell if I have the right one, there might be quite a listing, depending on date of manufacture , I hear.

Any help will be good.

Regards

Waynf

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
the only info that i can find on that card is that it is a TJ-2 94VO made by Avance Logic...the advance logic website points you to http://www.drivershq...af=bonfire&bn=5 but with that software you can't get the driver without paying for it