Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to change the "Windows XP" screensaver once you've l

• Please log in to reply

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Hey folks, I've just recently got a really cool screensaver for myself and I'm the only user on the computer atm.

For security reasons I've set a password for my account.

The new screensaver's working fine but once I log out of the account (to the login page) and after a while the default black Windows XP screensaver will come on.

I want to change it to the nice screensaver I got too.

Could someone please tell me how to do that?

Cheers

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi chinofeliz!

When you log out of the computer, there is no way to change the screensaver, because there is no user that is actually using the computer at this time, and that is why Windows uses the default boring screensaver. Instead of logging out of your account when your not using your computer, how about just setting a password for the screensaver?

Fenor