Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Warning 20225

• Please log in to reply

den01

den01

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Hi,

I have problem with Adobe PDF. Actually I had the Adobe PDF in my printers and its suddenly despaired, and when I try to repair the Acrobat it shows me the following error:

Warning 20225. Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Setup was unable to create a new item: Adobe PDF Port & Printer. The Adobe PDF Printer may be unavailable.

GetLastError: The data area passed to a system call is too small

What is the problem here?

I am running xp sp2 and have all updates; also, I am running all utility programs and don’t have any viruses or anything else. And comp is working OK except this (which is very important as I have to print something trough Adobe PDF).

What should I do? Or did I miss something stupid as I am not quite sure how Adobe PDF despaired out of my printer list (where I have just Lexmark 3300 and Microsoft writer) or how to return it there?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Den

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Re-install it after using add / remove to uninstall it if you have the software CD

den01

den01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Thanks Keith,

Yes I have try this as I have my CD, but it was the same. So, I have downloaded adobe postscript driver and ppd files as it was suggested on adobe website and now I am able to print the docs through distiller – but I am not quite happy as I don’t know what the problem on the first place was.

…my bet is on Lexmark as I have updated driver from the Lexmark site! Nevertheless, I manage to finish the printing.

I will appreciate if you have any other idea about the problem…

Thank you

Den

den01

den01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Dear Keith,

One question:
I have two HDs (both 120GB) and two partitions on each of them (80 + 40 GB), so all in all 4 HDs. Can I leave the XP and lets say Office on C HD and reinstall my programs on other drive? I am asking this because Adobe usually say the it should be installed on other HD. Programs that I am thinking of moving on other drive are AOL broadband, Adobe programs, and utilities as AVD, Spybot, ZoneAlarm, Ad-Aware etc., acutely the question is can I move all programs to D drive and leave just system and office on C?

Thanks
Den

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You could save documents from programmes on another drive / partition but leave the programmes on the same part as windows

den01

den01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Thank you Keith
Regards
Den