Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

No Internet

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
Ok I've got this machine that someone brought to me, they say it belonged to a company and they bought it for home use but it still has that companies settings on it. I disabled all the start up items which got me pretty far but I still can seem to get the machine on our network. Normally people can just plug in and go but this one wont. So i disables norton from starting, ran malware scans, manually put in all the ip settings (ip, dns, gateway subnet...) and still nothing, tried letting windows wizard set up a lan connection no luck, and the 1st thing i did was re-install the nic drivers. I can ping computers on our network but when i try to ping www.google.com it says "Unknown Host www.google.com", tried a winsock fix (with the proper 98 file) still no luck, i'm on a time crunch to fix this any ideas??

windows 98 dell xps6t00

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Duplicate post. Topic closed. Being helped in networking.
Please do not post the same question in different forums. If it is in the wrong forum, a moderator will move it :tazz: