Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AOL Favorite Places

• Please log in to reply

joe1167

joe1167

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi,
I've got a quick question concerning AOL's favorite places. I had to uninstall and reload AOL. Before doing this, I read up and I thought I read that AOL saves the favorite places within it's system so there would have been no reason (if this were true) to save them otherwise. Well...... and you probably know where I'm going with this, when I reloaded all my favorite places are gone! Is there somewhere I can look to find them, or are they wiped out? I had a ton of useful sites saved and now................gone. If anyone can tell me anything about this, Id appreciate it very much.
Thanks,
-Joe

Advertisements

Zan

Zan

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
What version of AOL did you re-install?
Did you click save pfc before uninstalling?

Zan

Edited by Zan, 20 January 2006 - 10:38 AM.

joe1167

joe1167

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi Zan,
I re-loaded the latest version of AOL I believe. It's 9.0 Top Speed. And, as much as it kills me to say.....no, I didn't click save pfc before I uninstalled. I guess this means they're gone?
Thanks,
-Joe

Zan

Zan

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
I had that happen to me! After the second or third time I'd restarted and went back in they all reappeared...aol glitch? Maybe you'll get lucky like I did. I asked what version because I did lose everything even with a saved pfc on 7.0.
Sorry I can't be of any help. :tazz:

Edited by Zan, 20 January 2006 - 05:04 PM.

joe1167

joe1167

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hey Zan,
Sorry to hear you've been through the same thing. Like you said, maybe I'll get lucky and they'll reappear. Next time, I'll save pfc and hopefully this won't happen again. Thanks for the information and have a good one.
-Joe

Zan

Zan

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
You too :tazz:

joe1167

joe1167

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hey Zan,
It's been a while since we discussed my AOL favorite places problem but I just had to write. Just like you, my favorite places recently re-appeared from whatever dark hole they had fallen into. Amazing.....like you had suggested; maybe an AOL glitch. I'm just glad to have them back and figured I'd write and let you know you called it early on. Thanks again and take care.
-Joe