Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Webcam nonsense

• Please log in to reply

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Hi folks. I've recently purchased a new (web)cam with my new computer. The webcam's is Microtek Take-It S3. My new computer is Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2.

I had it going for a while, tried it on MSN, NetMeeting, and ICUII. Installed a driver for it from the CD that came with the product but Windows did manage to find a driver for it as well.

But since I've installed the driver for it, for some reason. Everytime I go to use it (for example, click on Video - Send in NetMeeting) it just reboots the whole computer. It's a driver problem I know.

I'm uninstalling the driver that came with the cam from the computer but I've got a feeling that it's not gonna be that easy. How do you clean out all the drivers for your USB hardwares?

Cheers

Advertisements