Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

sound blaster alternative

• Please log in to reply

Zan

Zan

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
I have used sound blaster for years and am fed up with the update problems I get in Win98se. I'm looking for affordable alternatives. I've bought different components in the past without asking and regretted it. I've updated my current card and still having choppy sound. I also think it has something to do with my system locking up during games.

I've posted this on other forums and just gotten "get XP" as a response. I don't want XP, it's overbearing! I am looking for a more modern operating system, but I want one that doesn't tell me what to do with my software.

Any input on the new sound card would be great, Thanks!
Zan :tazz:

Advertisements