Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Hardware problems

• Please log in to reply

TOHOTTOTROT

TOHOTTOTROT

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
error messages I get are C:\DOCUME~1\Mikeke\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

and C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini011203-01.dmp

I get crash to restart and lock ups slow start ups
I need help bad.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You have downloaded a bad file from a PtoP network. Geeks To Go does not help with problems like this.

SRX660

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
just a question....how did you come to that assumption SRX?

Saynt Cinn

Saynt Cinn

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Ummm from the bit of looking around I did, it appears to be related the Windows error reporting. Just an idea... hopefully I won't make anyone mad but heres the message I found.....actually found a few but heres the one saying it seems to be windows error reporting...

This is from one of the Windows XP Newsgroups: --- WindowsXP error reporting features are buggy and might continue to suggest your system has had some sort of STOP error, even when everything is normal. This is a common complaint in this newsgroup, so you are not alone. If you ever has need to troubleshoot a specific repeatable crash, turn on "complete memory dump" for analysis --- Their suggestion was the same as Steve's: disable the error reporting. Of course, if you start having real problems (blue screen of death), then you might want to turn it back on to see what's happening. Gotta love Microsoft!

>This is more of pain than a problem. You can go to the control panel and then to
>admin tool. From there click on services. Error reporting properties and change from
>auto to disable. Seems to work just fine.

This is from one of the Windows XP Newsgroups: --- WindowsXP error reporting features are buggy and might continue to suggest your system has had some sort of STOP error, even when everything is normal. This is a common complaint in this newsgroup, so you are not alone. If you ever has need to troubleshoot a specific repeatable crash, turn on "complete memory dump" for analysis --- Their suggestion was the same as Steve's: disable the error reporting. Of course, if you start having real problems (blue screen of death), then you might want to turn it back on to see what's happening. Gotta love Microsoft!

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Dsenette, i have been there and done the same thing. I no longer do any sort of PtoP anymore except when i am looking for Linux iso's. I may be wrong but i don't think so. I was getting the sysdata.xml files and the minidumps on my computer and had many problems with them. Deleting the files i downloaded always fixed the problem.

SRX660

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
well...srx..we all work from experience...but next time ask first...just to be sure before making the assumption