Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Keyboard locks up in scandisk on restart

• Please log in to reply

hallpark

hallpark

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My computer has been crashing a lot lately and now when it froze I had push the power button so it had to go through Scandisk during the restart, but it finds an error and I have no way of getting past it to actually start the computer! My keyboard is on until it gets to the error then my keyboard "shuts off"! I tried botting to the safe mode, but again the same thing, all the lights are on and the keyboard is functioning until the safe mode menu screen comes on and then it "shuts off" and I have no way to choose safe mode so it counts down to start in "normal mode" and then I stuck at scanDisk again..
I took the computer to Best Buy 2 weeks ago and they couldn't find anything wrong with it and were able to get to a normal start up and shut down correctly so I haven't had the problem again until now. I am not very computer literate, sorry for the basic info.
Any help is appreciated! :tazz:

Advertisements