Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Informational web site anyone?

• Please log in to reply

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Hello i'm getting more and more involved into learn how a computer functions and how to remove spyware. I have a magazine subsciption to start learning new things but it mentions AGP and SLI slots and stuff like that. I know that it is realated to a different slot for video cards but dpon't know any more about it. Also there is all of the sudden DDR2 and DDR3 like what is all this stuff? Anyone know of an informational web site that could awnser all my questions and learn more about the computers hardware. Anything would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page just search for what you want to know it has most things at least basically described but it wil often gove a fair bit of detail.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
wow thanx for this, never knew that it would contain information on computers. Thought it was all for history based reasons and such, thanx alot for this and i'll start using it all little more.
thanx again
James

fay47

fay47

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
how stuff works

Fay

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter