Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PLEASE HELP ! my dvd drive does not work !1

• Please log in to reply

ShAdY sOlDiAzzz

ShAdY sOlDiAzzz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ok so its been almost a week now that my cd/dvd drive does not work it all started 6 days ago: i inserted a audio cd in my cd/dvd drive and instead of auto-playing the cd it didnt do anything so i went to my computer and clicked on the DVD-RAM drive (D:) and inside was nothing i tought it was a problem with the cd but every other cd or dvd i tried did NOT work. so now i'm really pissed and my cd/dvd drive was only an year and a half years old. i really need some advice so please help me. anyhelp will be greatly apprecitated. thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisements

Saynt Cinn

Saynt Cinn

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Burnt media, store bought or both?
Assuming you have windows xp have you tried a system restore previous to problem?
also have you installed any new software or hardware? you may try removing it.....
Outside of that another suggestion would be to go to device manager and under cd/dvd drives right click and uninstall driver and reboot.

To get to Device manager here are a couple of ways, hit the windows key and pause break at the same time > hardware tab> device manager button

Right click on my computer> Properties>Hardware>Device Manager Button

Or Start>Control Panel>System or (Performance and Maintenace and then System) Hardware Tab> Device Manager Button