Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

command prompt and XP home

• Please log in to reply

fay47

fay47

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
In an online class I am taking someone has posted a qustion asking whether or not that they should be able to get to the command prompt from start>programs>accessories using Win XP HOME.
I use Win XP Pro so I am not sure.
The person said they could get to the command progm by going to the Run box and typing CMD - so they have it, but said that it was not available from Start>programs>accessories. Should it be?

Fay

Advertisements

physician

physician

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

In an online class I am taking someone has posted a qustion asking whether or not that they should be able to get to the command prompt from start>programs>accessories using Win XP HOME.
I use Win XP Pro so I am not sure.
The person said they could get to the command progm by going to the Run box and typing CMD - so they have it, but said that it was not available from Start>programs>accessories. Should it be?

Fay

Hi Fay

the answer is yes. You go to Start, Accessories, then Command Prompt is one of the choices. I am running WinXP Home on my laptop and just checked to make sure...doc

fay47

fay47

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
The person from the class says they definetly do not have it as a selection. Do you have any idea why htat might be?

Fay

physician

physician

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

The person from the class says they definetly do not have it as a selection. Do you have any idea why htat might be?

Fay

Nope
I usually just use the CMD entry after selecting run...doc

fay47

fay47

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
OK, That is what this person does, he was just wondering if he should have it and if so what the problem mgiht be.

Thanks, Fay

fay47

fay47

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
I should have checked the message board for the online class before I posted the last time. The person posted back that he had figured it out. When he logged on under a differend accoutn it was there. He now remembers deleting some stuff froma the all programs menu.

So, he has his problem solved.

Thanks, Fay