Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gravis Joystick

• Please log in to reply

CandyCaneChild

CandyCaneChild

• Pip
  • 5 posts
A few years ago we bought our new PC and it came with a joystick. We got our computer reconfigured by a friend who updated us from ME to XP. Gravis Blackhawk Digital is the name of the joystick and I have the instruction manual. It says to check Device Manual under Sound, Video and Game Controllers. This Joystic is made for Windows 95-98 but the computer was ME when we got it and it worked fine then. Anyway, it says to check for Gameport Joystick under the list of controllers. It isnt there. There is something called Standard Game Port but the installation never completes. It says Windows 95 or 98 required.
On a side note, I'm not too good with computers so I might need some things translated into small words or pretty pictures in crayon.

Advertisements

CandyCaneChild

CandyCaneChild

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Does no one know? I have used other peoples forums for getting rid of problems for about a year. I couldnt find one with a similiar problem. Do I just need to stop being lazy and by a new joystick?

Edited by CandyCaneChild, 23 January 2006 - 03:39 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i'm gonna go with..yeah...go buy a new joystick...if it says it's only compatable with 95/98...then it's highly unlikely it will work with xp..and if it does...you'll probably have more problems than it's worth

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

You will probably need a joystick that is compatible with WinXP.. I have two of my own and neither have the XP drivers available to it..

You could try the manufacturers website and check.. They may have developed drivers for that joystick that will work with XP..

BTW, if they have Win2000 drivers, you could try those !!

Murray

CandyCaneChild

CandyCaneChild

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks. I might just do that this weekend.