Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problem with Norton Internet Security 2005

• Please log in to reply

WhoCares2021

WhoCares2021

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Whenever I try to configure a program in my firewall menu, the program freezes and I can't get rid of the window until I restart. This applies to everything from trying to change its behavior (permit all, block all, etc.) to removing uninstalled programs from the list.

I've tried doing the auto-fix at norton.com, and looked at some support articles, but nothing seems to help.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
just to confirm you have run liveupdate to make sure all the patches/fixes are installed for it?

WhoCares2021

WhoCares2021

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Yeah.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
lets do the full removal not just the add/remove program way.

http://www.geekstogo...are-t43188.html

WhoCares2021

WhoCares2021

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
One problem is that I'm not sure I still have the original cd key from my Norton (we bought 3, one for each computer). I'll have to look around before I uninstall it.