Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Did i mute windows?

• Please log in to reply

KashB

KashB

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, last night i installed a programme to compress music files. i think it was called blaze media or something lke it. However today when i opened windows media player it said there was another media player installed and couldn't open my music files (i had only compressed one file btw). I removed blaze because it was annoying me anyway and now when i use windows media player, it plays the file but there is no sound coming from my speakers. I checked the speakers by disconnecting them and plugging into my ipod and it played the music. I also tried playing the music with vlc media player and no sound still. Is there any chance i muted my computer by accident? or is it something else?

Edited by KashB, 21 January 2006 - 09:29 AM.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
KashB...

Is there a little speaker looking icon in the system tray (by the clock)?

If yes, double click on it and see if sound has been muted or if volume has been turned down.

If no, open Control Panel and double click on the "Sounds" icon. Make sure that "Windows Default" is selected in the "Schemes" box. It not, select it from the drop down menu and "Apply" the change...click "Ok".

Does this resolve the issue?

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 21 January 2006 - 09:38 AM.

KashB

KashB

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
omg u rule!! thanx, i found that both things needed to be completed, my volume control was 0 but i have no idea why!! and the schemes box was empty so i changed it windows default.

Thanx again, this forum rulez!

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Glad to help! :tazz:

wannabe1