Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

install hard drive

• Please log in to reply

bigdogjeff

bigdogjeff

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i have a internal harddrive made by maxtor that i bought from someone and i tryed putting the hard drive in and it didnt show that there was one in there so i checked my power and it was all pluged in.so i took a ten gig hd and pluged it in to same and it was found. I also tryed useing the wizzard to find new hard wear and its showing not found . whats going on what can i do.I have a 120 gig external hard drive that works fine so i dont see why this wouldnt work . :tazz:

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi bigdogjeff!

Go to START-->RUN and type diskmgmt.msc. This will open up the disk manager. Do you see the new hard drive listed there? It won't appear at the top, but will show in the bottom half where it shows the partition tables and will most likely appearl as unallocated space or might have a red circle with a minus "-" sign inside of it.

Fenor

bigdogjeff

bigdogjeff

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i did that and there was nothing there so i tryed changin jumper around then i was unable to boot it was asking for a start disk so i unpluged it so i could get back on the computer to see what now

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
What is the make and model number of the hard drive?

Fenor