Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RPC error/printerspool error

• Please log in to reply

JAW

JAW

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
have gone thru all the RPC and Print Spooler messages on this board and i can not resolve my problem.
Suddenly about 2 weeks ago my printer stopped working. I thought it was because I had disconnected everything and moved somethings around that I put the USB Cable into a different USB HUB... I changed it and that was not the case.
The RPC is running and I have tried starting the print services from the Start>run net start spooler and I still cant add a printer. I have run a few different virus packages and found nothing.
I tried downloading some patch for a RPC error that viruses cause- however it tells me that I already have SP1 installed and wont allow me to go anyfurther

SOmeone told me to look for spoolsvs.exe on my task bar it was not there- I found it under windows\system32 and doubled clicked it- saw it appear in task manager- but it then disappeared then re appeared again...

XP HOME
HP Desktop printer

Advertisements