Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

School Computers

• Please log in to reply

Childe_of_Darkness

Childe_of_Darkness

• Pip
  • 1 posts
;) Ok, to start with: I'm not at a highschool, I go to alternative school, so we don't have blocks or anything, I'm free to do what I need on them. They've been having problems lately, like for one the norton expired so viruses have been getting in, one of them had 118 trojan viruses, I installed Avast! antivirus, but it can't repair them, all it does is put them in a chest. The school admin. doesn't really check the computers so they break down alot. How can I get rid of the trojan viruses?
Then the master computer won't print from IE, it has a runtime error "line: 1385" How can I fix that?
Last, the windows installation has errors but they admin won't give us the 98 disk to repair it, is there anything safe to download on the internet to repair it?
Thanks
~CoD~ :tazz:

Advertisements

Besttechie

Besttechie

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Hi,

Please do the following.

Run these online scans found on this page:

BestTechie Security Scans

Then download HijackThis:

HijackThis 1.99
Put it in a permanent folder such as, C:\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
Run it, hit scan now, hit save log, then post the logfile here for myself or someone who knows how to analyze HJT logs to anaylze it.

Good Luck!! :tazz:

B