Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Quicktime Video Embeding Error

• Please log in to reply

Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hey there. Im trying to embed a video in my web page, and everything is working fine. The video is a fairly large upload (18MB, a pain in the foot with dial-up), and I am uploaing it via FTP with FileZilla. It seems that the video gets 'corrupted' during upload. It uploads completly. It works fine in the web page up until a certin point, then freezes and crashes the persons browser.

The origional video (in .mov format) plays 100% through, (locally). Once I upload it, then re-download it, it stops at that point.

I have tried uploading 4 times, and each time the spot it stops at is diffrent, yet each time it plays fine then stops.

Is there something obvious im doing wrong?

Check it out at

http://www.thrilling...atchlargel.html

It stops about 1/5 through and crashes the brower. Beware.

Thanks for your time. Ill be more thatn happy to do anything that you need to help figure out this problem.

Advertisements

Nablith

Nablith

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I suggest getting SmartFTP. I upload videos all the time with it, and they work fine. And I also embed them with Quicktime.

Here is a link to download smartftp.
http://www.download....4-10495807.html