Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Not really a problem more like need advice

• Please log in to reply

Mikey127

Mikey127

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
i built a new pc and it worked fine for about 1 week.ok well one day i got a memory dump error and then the pc shutoff, i turn it back on and it powers up but no picture.i then troubleshoot the graphics card/memory/power supply by putting them into my other pc and seeing if it works..it did.i knew i didnt have another cpu/mobo i could try so i rmaed the mobo and while i was taking off the cpu heatsink fan i looked the the processor and it was melted and a imprint was left on the top of the heatsink fan..so i go: theres the problem!my case has 2 80mm fans and a 120mm fan and the cpu hasnt been overclocked.i look on the site i bought the cpu from and they say im 2 days too late to return to them but i still have a 3year warrenty with amd.i go on amd website put in the model/serial and they say the item is not found in their database and its a fake product.

has this happened to anyone else?and what did you do?ive emailed both companys with no reply so far

Advertisements