Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Access Denied

• Please log in to reply

atearwhofellnot

atearwhofellnot

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
Yay my pc has yet another error.

(note I only have one account which is the administraitor)

In my task manager when I try to close files running from system I can no longer close them forcefully. I get Access Denied

Any thoughts???

I used to be able to.

Ive been putting up with it for months.. Finnaly sick of it.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi atearwhofellnot!

I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Fenor

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Why are you wanting to close out "files running from system" from the Task manager? You can close down running processes from within the software, usually, and Windows needs some of those system processes to run. Access may be denied because the process is in use, and closing it would crash the computer. What exactly are you trying to shut down, and why?

Johanna

atearwhofellnot

atearwhofellnot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Yes, That is common knowledge but many programs once shutdown also run backround processes that cannot be shutdown from within the program and thats what I'm trying to close. Also some system process that cannot be turned off from other areas of access can normally be shutdown or refreshed by terminating them from the task manager.

the Issue is simple I was able to close them. Now I can't.
:/

Its its running from Local Or System I get access denied.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts

What exactly are you trying to shut down, and why?

Johanna

atearwhofellnot

atearwhofellnot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Its not an Item in particular as Ive been stating I just want to BE ABLE to shutdown system and local processes again.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Well SYSTEM processes most of the time can't be turned off because they are critical to the running of the computer. Most local processes can be terminated at will, but since you can't I reinterate that you should go to the Malware Forum and run the self-help tools listed there. Most likely it is malware related because the malware doesn't want you to be able to kill the process associated with it and therefore has made it so you cannot kill any process.

Fenor

atearwhofellnot

atearwhofellnot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Aye, I use all of them except Hijack.. I shall post a log.

atearwhofellnot

atearwhofellnot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
http://www.geekstogo...showtopic=93588

My hijack this log