Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Drivers for IBM Thinkpad 560

• Please log in to reply

edge

edge

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I recently purchased a new hard drive for my IBM560 laptop. As the laptop doesn't have a cd rom I installed Wib 98se to the harddrive in my PC. I installed the harddrive in the laptop and and it booted to 98 but I can't adjust the screen size , no sound etc. I looked in the device manager ?APM batteryslot, ?Cyrstal Pnp Audio System CODEC ?Cyrstal Pnp Audio System Control REGISTERS ?Cyrstal Pnp Audio System MPU-4a compatable ? IBM Thinkpad Fast Infrared Port ?PCI Cardbus Bridge ?PCI Cardbus Bridge PCI Universal Serial Bus?unknown device Ports(Com &Lpt) ? communications Port ? printer port ?Composite Power Source Does anyone know where to find the drivers and how to install them? I noticed that when I was installing win 98se just before the devices were inatialized the computer reboot could I have installed the harddrive to the laptop and let it setup in the laptop? Is there someway to write the files to the harddrive and setup in the laptop. Thanks for any help

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Have you tried going to the IBM website, searching your system and downloading the drivers that way??

Murray

edge

edge

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Yes I just tried it, thank you. I notice most of these driver are quite small, can I burn most of them on one floppy?

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
You should be able to.. If not, just download what you can, install those, format the floppy again (cleans it alot better than just deleting the files) and then download the rest..

Murray