Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus entering system when logged on to internet

• Please log in to reply

comp_help

comp_help

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi,

I am not sure if someone has already asked this question before. I would appreciate any advice you can give about this.

Basically, I have a WindowsXP system, dial-up internet connection. For the last week or two, everytime I have logged onto the Internet, many things happen. Firstly right after my homepage downloads, the page automatically (within 10 seconds or so) attempts to load the website (http://adultfinder.com/go/g667878). Also a lot of popups would keep coming. I thought that maybe I needed to download some spyware. But this would not solve it. I also downloaded a new anti-virus program as my old one was out-of-date. The virus scan kept finding the following viruses...goaway, mmxeyn007 and Newme. These viruses loaded to my C:// drive and to the temporary internet files. Eventually the internet pages take a long time in uploading. Maybe after 45 minutes or so, it gets slow to the point that everything I was working on hangs up (even the ctrl+alt+del doesnt work and i have to manually shut it off). This has slowed the system up significantly.

Something I did notice was that if I clicked the stop button at the instant I know the adultfinder page is uploading, sometimes the viruses would not enter. So is there anyway I can prevent this from occurring?

Thanks for your help.

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
please post a log in the malware forum, i whould help you wiht this problem but i am not autorized to give malware support.
malware forum:http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2852