Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Unable to go into safe mode

• Please log in to reply

refereemom

refereemom

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I have been trying to remove Search Miracle (for weeks). Yes, I have run every spyware program (Adaware, Norton, Spybot S&D, Webroot's SpySweeper) and Hijack This and removed the registry entries but it still keeps coming back. I found a set of steps to try but you need to be in safe mode. I have enough computer knowledge to know how this works normally. When I reboot and hit F8 it continues to go to the Windows Login Screen and does not go into Safe Mode. What other step do I need to do? Thanks for the help.

Advertisements

BlackSea

BlackSea

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
after you remove it you have to turn system restore off and than turn it back on(by going my comp right click and restore tab and so check option turn it off and apply and than turn it back on say ok)... it will not come back again...but you you re going to loose all of your restore points ..

i recomed that you have to be sure if you cleaned your pc properly...!!becarefull!! :tazz: because of above...i think you know what you re doing???

simily days

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Welcome to geekstogo refereemom

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

Kc :tazz:

refereemom

refereemom

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Black Sea, I tried running Hijack this, removing Elite bars, turning off system restore, rebooted, and the d*** thing came right back.

HOW DO I GO INTO SAFE MODE OTHER THAN DOING AN F8 - WHICH DOES NOT WORK FOR ME?

BlackSea

BlackSea

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
what wersion of windows youre using?

BlackSea

BlackSea

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
if it is xp?
i usually follow this way ... :tazz:
it s always good idea to use the System Configuration Utility method
Close all open programs. ->Click Start, and then click Run.-> The Run dialog box appears. ->As shown in this illustration, type msconfig and then click OK...
->go to boot.ini tab->Check the "/SAFEBOOT" option, and then click OK.---> then you see the prompt to restart the computer. "Click Restart."
and When you are finished with troubleshooting in Safe mode repeat steps again and this time uncheck "/SAFEBOOT....

at least it s better and easyer than to get safe mode by pressing f8 isnt it ?
;)

refereemom

refereemom

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for your help. It is XP home edition. (But my business computer has XP Pro and F8 works on it). I will try and see if I can ever get this Search Miracle off my computer. Too fed up to look at this screen anymore today so I will let you know later if I am successful.