Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Red Boxes where images should be!

• Please log in to reply

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
no problem it happends

Advertisements

cherylj

cherylj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
James - Thank you for your help - I did check it out and reviewed my settings however- everything checked out. One other weird symptom - not sure if it's related - but it seems like it may have happened around the same time the red boxes showed up - The font for text on all web pages seems to have changed. Let me know if there is anything i can try. Thanks!

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
just wondering, in a past post you showed that you could view images, however they where both JPEP's do you know if you can c any other images such as GIF's? Go to my web site (www.afrique2007.org) and let me know what you can see on the first page(i have both images and gif there). Also i'm not sure if this has been asked before but are you using IE or Firefox?
thanx
James

cherylj

cherylj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I checked out the website and can see all images on the page (no red boxes). i am using IE version 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
ok well that's weird i was thinking you where going to c some and not c the others....can you go to a veriety of web pages lets say about 5. And all the images that appear to have the red box, right click on them and tell me thier type as, for what you are telling me it could only be .gif that your not seeing.
thanx
James

cherylj

cherylj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
OK. Here's what I've got. It is a mix of file types. Most sites are ok I really had to look to find these. Weather.com is the worst offender. Here are some examples:

www.Weather.com
Twic_logo.gif
Curwx_277x187.jpg

Yahoo.com
In the marketplace box near bottom
70mpA.gif

Msnbc.com usnews page
Advertisement jpg file

Yahoo.com. Maps link
Ma_loc-map_1.gif