Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

annoying dll run error at startup

• Please log in to reply

sinapse

sinapse

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Every time I restart my computer I get two error messages. RUN DLL error loading module DOCEOC16B1 and I'm not sure exactly what the other one says but it's something about hotkeys and it auto-ends the applicaction and prompts me to report it to microsoft. It's really annoying how do I get rid of these and are they causing any real issues with my computer?

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hi sinapse, welcome to Geeks To Go Forums. Well maybe it may not slow down Pc Preformance, but like you said:

It's really annoying

You can first try looking through your startup items and find where "RUNDLL32.EXE" is being used and then remove it. (Although "RUNDLL32.EXE" can be used for any program such Graphic driver and malware) If you are firmilair with the startup, and it has nothing to do with high proirity startup, then you are safe to remove it.

But the fact that it may be malware, it is recommended you download "hijackthis" and save a log to "Malware Removal - HiJackThis Logs Go Here"

From here a Geeks To Go Trusted Staff will identify your problem, speed up proccess and fix any other errors that may be lurking your computer.

Goodluck :tazz: