Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Home Edition Logon

• Please log in to reply

boredkid

boredkid

• Pip
  • 4 posts
ok, this isnt really a problem, but it is really annoying when whitching from one user to another. The welcome screen on XP is not working or more liek it gone and is replaced with the original logon screen. I have the options checked int he user management screen to have the welcome screen and fast user switching, but there is no welcome screen and the fast user seitching locks the computer up. if anyone has and ideas or advice let me know thanks. :tazz:

Advertisements

Saynt Cinn

Saynt Cinn

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Sorry just to clarify what do you mean by the original logon screen?

boredkid

boredkid

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Sorry just to clarify what do you mean by the original logon screen?

srry the NT logon screen where it makes you type out your name and pasword instead of the ascreen where it shows all the user accounts

Saynt Cinn

Saynt Cinn

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Thats what I thought.... have you tried Control Panels>User Accounts>Change the way users logon or off. and selecting the welcome screen option....sorry if I missed that somewhere

boredkid

boredkid

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thats what I thought.... have you tried Control Panels>User Accounts>Change the way users logon or off. and selecting the welcome screen option....sorry if I missed that somewhere

yeah ive got that all selected but when i log off or restart its still the old NT one its been liek this for awhiel now its jsut really annoying is what it is

Saynt Cinn

Saynt Cinn

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
http://gbpvr.com/pmw...ootIntoGBPVR.... dunno if links are allowed but this may help....

boredkid

boredkid

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
no sorry it didnt provide as much help as i thought it could but thanks if u ahve any other ideas let me know though