Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Sound playback problem

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I was looking for a codec yesterday to play XviD files, and needless to say I did a lot of installing and uninstalling yesterday before I found the right files that I needed. I'm not sure if I accidentally messed something up in the process of that trial-and-error search, but right now, my computer won't play certain sound files like .midi. Also, videos on websites will play, but without sound -- specifically, youtube.com is what I am having trouble with at the moment.

Help would be appreciated -- I hope that I'm just overlooking something ridiculously small, and that this isn't part of a bigger, annoying problem I may have inadvertently created for myself last night. Thank you all in advance! Also, I hope this problem is in the right place! I wasn't sure where else to put it.

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,585 posts
well first I recomend klite codec pack. includes everything you need to play video's. available at http://free-codecs.com/
you will need to reinstall your sound drivers as well.