Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help I cant get it to work, UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

• Please log in to reply

Angq

Angq

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello

Im having this error "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME" when ever Windows XP is about to load. I got this error when I was going to install my DVD burner from Sony. I have 2 HD and 2 CD/DVD rom drives total

C:/ = master , D:/ = slave

DVD burner = master , cdburner = slave

My D: drive jumper is set on 32gb clip (its from Hitachi, installed a long time ago).

Its driving me nuts. I got my DVD drive 21 Jan for my birthday, installed it work perfect till I shutdown my pc, and started it in the nest morning. IM posting this from my Linux live cd (god bless linux)

Edited by Angq, 22 January 2006 - 10:13 AM.

Advertisements

Thebinaryman

Thebinaryman

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
one possibility is that your power supply is not powerfull enough to power 2 hard disks, plus 2 optical drives and whatever else you have on your system. From what i understand of your question, it stopped working when you plugged in the dvd drive, so that is why power is a possiblity. try disconnecting the dvd drive and see what happens.