Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

15,000rpm Drive

• Please log in to reply

Largo

Largo

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hey, I am thinking about getting a 15,000rpm drive, and i was wondering if a 15krpm drive is a liable drive if its over kill, and if i should just stick with getting a 10krpm drive

Heres what im lookin at:

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16822116149 : im not goin for space, seeing how i only fill up 15g of my 80 i have now.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Non of the high speed drives are particualrly worth the money you pay for them the extra perforamnce is usaully limited to improving load times in games by a tiny amount.

So they really arent worth the extortianate amount you pay for them, same goes for the 10.000 rpm drives there is actually 7200rpm drives that perform faster than the raptors.

You would be better spending the money on some better ram you will see more performance increase from better memory than a hard drive.