Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Adapter 54g freezes PC

• Please log in to reply

mpg

mpg

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi

I hope someone can help me. I have recently changed motherboards to an ASROCK KT7UPgrade, am running a amd xp 3000+ on 1024 ram. When I connect to the internet my pc freezes and then will not reboot until I unplug the adapter (usb). The pc then starts correctly until once again i plug in the adapter and after a short while the pc freezes again. I have got it to work for short periods then it freezes again.

I am not sure what I have done to make it work, just switch off and on??? I have 3 pc's on the network, one also with the same belkin adapter 54g on gigabyte board and the other linked directly into the router. Both of these are working fine.

Would appreciate any assistance with this problem

Thanks

Advertisements

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Hi mpg,
I'd suggest posting this in the Hardware, Components and Peripherals forum. They'll probably be able to help you more there.

mpg

mpg

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi mpg,
I'd suggest posting this in the Hardware, Components and Peripherals forum. They'll probably be able to help you more there.

Thanks for that. Have just posted in hardware.