Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

RECIP.recipCtl.1 file missing

• Please log in to reply

tafflondon

tafflondon

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I recently deleted a bunch of files to clear a trojan and it seems I've deleted something I need, as since I did this I've had odd problems.
Internet explorer won't download files, I can't open hotmail attachements and in the Internet Options dropdown I don't have any location specified for temporary internet files and the alloctaed space is showing as 0. Th system won't let me make any changes to the settings.
I ran ActiveX manager and it says the RECIP.recipCtl.1 file is missing, where can I get a copy of this file and where should I save it? Id it likely to fix my problems?
I'd be grateful for any advice.
Cheers

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I think that is part of Window Update....can you visit windows update?

tafflondon

tafflondon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I've tried updating but it only goes as far as the window where it looks to see if the latest update is already there, it says it uses ActivX to determine which version is in use then switches to a page that says it encountered a problem and I should clear my temporary internet files.
The problem is that I can't do anything about the temporary internet files, the system doesn't seem to have mamory ar a location allocated to it

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
ATF is a great program written by our very own Atribune that takes care of temporary internet files for IE, Firefox and Opera.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
This program is for XP and Windows 2000 onlyDouble-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

Fenor