Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ActiveX Control Issues

• Please log in to reply

SWIMMINGU99

SWIMMINGU99

• Pip
  • 9 posts
While being online (AIM triton) i came across a website a friend sent me. I clicked it since they told me it was funny, but the problem was i had just downloaded a virus, and that my friends computer actually sent me the virus not them (they werent even home). At first I didn't think much of it, I restarted my computer and everything seemed fine, but then I went to check for viruses on my Norton Antivirus. However when I went to click scan for virus, the following message appeared (and still does) "Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly." This is not the only problem unfortunatly, my other problem for example is when I visit my "myspace", and I view someones profile, a popup bar appears under my browser, and says "Your security settings do not allow Web sites to use ActiveX controls installed on your computer. This page may not display correctly. Click here for more options...." Clicking there, does not solve anything. I cannot download antyhing either, i tried the following site with a reccomendation from a friend, http://www.grisoft.c...ng/us/tpl/tpl01 but i could not download, the following message came up "Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded." I am completly lost as to what to do, any help would be much appreciated. Another site that doesnt work (for example) is aol.com (the webmail part, the homepage loads).
Thanks so much,
Grant

Advertisements

G land

G land

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I have/had a simular issue, were you able to resolve?

WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
It sounds like the security settings for IE are set too high. Try setting them to the default levels:

Run Internet Explorer and then: Tools > Internet Options > Security tab > click "Default Level" button

G land

G land

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Thanks. I have done that before but no luck.