Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Weird Issues with PC

• Please log in to reply

Elite_Tux487

Elite_Tux487

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I bought a computer from Ibuypower.com about a year and a half ago. It worked for about 11 months then I had a problem with it over heating so I blew out all the dust in the case and fans. I noticed that one of the fan blades broke and was stoping the fan from moving. When I removed the ATI radeon 9800 pro video card I accidently broke some of the electronics off of the pc board on the card. So I got a new ATI X700 pro. I installed it but when i went to boot it up nothing happend. The Hard drive status light was on solid and the fans spun up but not the drives. When I unplugged the data cable from the hard drive the hard drive spun up. I get no video or sounds from the computer. It sat in my closet for about 7 months and I really would like to get it running some time. Also what are the bare minimum devices that I need for boot up? Thanks

Advertisements

Elite_Tux487

Elite_Tux487

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I just put all the components into another pc and they ran fine so im thinking something is wrong with the mobo.