Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LG DVR with Wireless

• Please log in to reply

CamilleLR

CamilleLR

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, here's what I have. I have the LG LRM-519 DVR/DVD burner, set up with Microsoft Program Guide. I have an existing wireless network in my home. So, I want to download my Program Guide updates via wireless.

I have purchased two different wireless USB adapters, and can't get the DVR to recognize EITHER of them. Seems this thing is picky about which ones will work. I printed the list of compatible adapters, and purchased the Linksys WUSB54G that was on the list. Still does not work.

I plug it into the back of the DVR, and nothing happens. When I tell the DVR to search for my USB adapter, it says no adapter can be found.

Anyone out there have any experience with this? I don't like downloading the guide via phone line - it is too slow!

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
have you contatced LG or the company you got the dvr from about this?