Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Custom Designed Avatar And Signature Images

• Please log in to reply

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
We are going to try this thread again, this time with the rules right up front and with few limitations on who can help.

First, the rules.

All images in your viewable profile must equal less than 16kb. This means that your Avatar + any Signature Images = less than 16kb.

The Moderators and Admins run this thread, period.

Remember that this forum is family friendly, any and all inappropriate requests will be dealt with swiftly.

All requests and responses should be here in this thread. Please do not ask someone to PM you and do not accept PMs from anyone in response to this thread. If someone PMs you about something in this thread, please let an admin know and we will deal with it.

Please keep the chatter in this thread to a minimum. This thread is for requests and responses to requestors only.

How this thread will work.

If you would like to have an avatar or signature image created, just post a response here with a detailed explanation of what you would like, including any necessary images.

If you feel that you can help someone with a request, post a response here and say so. That way 2 people are not working on the same project. If you see a request that is already being worked on, please wait for a different request.

Who can participate and make images for requestors?

The only limitations on who can offer assistance are going to be based on performance. If you see a post requesting an image that you think you can help with, you are welcome to post and say that you will help that person. Anyone can do this, but if a particular individual takes on a job and doesnt come through or does bad work, we will ask them not to continue.

Advertisements

Steamhead

Steamhead

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
Well I guess I'll be the first to start off this thread by requesting something :tazz:

I was thinking if it would be possible to have a personalized banner to go in my signature that has the Geeks to Go logo with my name ... (Something like ScHwErV's banner, 'cept it'd be cool if it had my name on it).

I'd like that very much! :) Thank ya!

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
There is a pinned topic in a "special place" where you can get the official staff images.

ScHwErV :tazz:

Steamhead

Steamhead

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
I so didn't see that! ...
Thanks ScHwErV!
:tazz:
*erases request*

PandaMadness

PandaMadness

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi! I'm really impressed by your work! That's why I'd really like you to make me an avatar, that's if you have time of course! Erm I'm kind of new here so, yes, bare with me...

Well as my username emplies I'm completely crazy about panda's :P ! So I was wondering if you could make me an avatar with my name first and then a little panda running around or something like that. I reckon the first part could go something like "Cici aka The Panda aka The Tree Lover" (yeah I'm pretty sad :) ).. As for the panda I have put a link that will show you a site with loads of little pandas (the one I use as an emoticon is the "Hello!" one on page 1)! Mmm what else, my favorite colour is green (how predictable, but a nice green not one that hurts your eyes :) ).. so the background could be green, or even white with little bamboo sticks! Gosh, I'm getting carried away :tazz: ! The font, I guess anything cute or rounded (like - Kristen ITC - font which I use on msn)

http://www.geocities...tarepanda1.html

(I'm not sure if any of that made sense :) )

Well even if you can't do it thanks, you seem like a great person :)

Cici :woot:

Edited by PandaMadness, 22 January 2006 - 11:04 PM.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

Hi! I'm really impressed by your work! That's why I'd really like you to make me an avatar, that's if you have time of course!

Hello PandaMadness! :tazz: Welcome to GeeksToGo. Just so you understand (and everyone else, as well), there is no *ONE* person who can or will make avatars or signature images. :) Anyone capable is now encouraged to make them for you. We're confident we have many creative people here!

PandaMadness

PandaMadness

• Pip
  • 5 posts
:woot: Ahh... sorry I didn't really read all of the introduction... :P

Well in that case I thank everyone who manages to do avatars :) . I for one am really bad at it, so to see people managing to do great animated avatars is quite amazing!! It's an art really :) !!

As if I wasn't being a pain already :tazz: , I was wondering if any of you could tell me how to crop the attached drawing I made for my brother (for his avatar) to a 160x160 ? :)

Thank you! :)

Cici

link to the drawing: http://img75.imagesh...atartest0ic.jpg

ps: Thanks Kat for closing the topic :s

Edited by PandaMadness, 23 January 2006 - 05:30 AM.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
You mean something simple like this?

amrasavatartest0ic.gif

Also, nice drawing, you do other sorts of drawings, say, a logo for an outdoors forum?

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Oh, as for the panda, there are 14,500 image hits for Panda Bear on Google, if you narrow that down a bit, I can hook you up.

PandaMadness

PandaMadness

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for the picture! It's great :tazz: !!!!

What do you mean a logo for an outdoors forum? I can always try if you give me some details... :)

As for the panda, well there's a little animation on this site http://www.geocities.com/panda_patch/ in ---> Features ---> Tarepanda, that i think would be good, which is the one entitled "Hello!" on page 1 of the gallery of Tarepanda (the 3rd animation from left to right, on the 5th row down)... and for the background bamboo I found this image on this link was pretty cool http://fusionanomaly...ybambooaura.jpg !

More cute panda pixies: http://www.princeton...ages/panda1.jpg
This one could be fun to animate and make him move down the slide --> http://caswell.blogs...41214.Panda.jpg

Well I hope that's narrowed it down, let me know if that's ok or if you need more info or if none of it made any sense!

Thank you :)

Cici

Edited by PandaMadness, 27 January 2006 - 05:34 PM.

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
The motion image of the panda is too big, its 25kb already, itll only get bigger if I add a background to it :)

How about this one?

panda1.jpg

Oh, and Ill pm you about the other issue, to keep this thread on topic :)

PandaMadness

PandaMadness

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Yeah that one is really nice :)

Loving it already :)

Thanks!!! And I'll check my messages and see what I can do :tazz:

Cici

Stans pro

Stans pro

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Can you fix this avatar for me? Make it run smoother and get rid of the ending that says www.loveanime.com? Plz and thank you.

The Avatar

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Thats not an avatar, its a movie. Its also 193kb, it will never fit here.

Kahami Wolfbane

Kahami Wolfbane

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I am pretty good with graphics as far as anthros and animals go, as well as banners, so if anyone wants me to do them one, I can.

http://kahami.deviantart.com

My art^

Also, I'll have some other banners up when I do them.

:3

[EDIT] I finished my personal banner today. ^_^
Posted Image

c/c app!

Edited by Kahami Wolfbane, 06 May 2006 - 03:27 PM.