Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Don't Want No Flashdrive

• Please log in to reply

spetsnatz

spetsnatz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Good day Ladies and Gents. Aside from my problem with my home PC (hint, hint), I have another bone to pick with another system.

Since I haven't been able to use my home PC since Thursday (10 Feb), I asked my wife to bring home her office-issue Compaq Presario, Pentium 4, Windows XP, with all the bells and whistles (DVD reader/CD Reader/writer, etc.).

I'm just about ready to work; I plug in my IVogue 256mb USB2 flashdrive in the appropriate port, and...nothing happens.

Ran add/remove hardware/software programs, plugged and unplugged the flashdrive, even tried to use the issue CD that came with the flashdrive to run the driver (which obviously didn't work since the CD drive program only works for Windows 98SE). Add/remove doesn't recognize (read can't find) any new hardware attached when I plug in the flashdrive. My flashdrive is working right now, attached to this office pc (Pentium 4 as well, altho running on Windows 98SE). It also works on my officemate's Presario and my other officemates' desktops (all Windows XP).

Really need some help here guys...

Thanks lots.

Advertisements