Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my ipod nano is frozen

• Please log in to reply

sallysue

sallysue

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I got my ipod over christmas and used it at my parents house and connected it to their computer. I just got back to school and plugged the dock connector and ipod into my computer at my apartment and the ipod turned on, the screen lit up and went straight to the last song i played and has been frozen for the last hour or so. I've tried to turn it off, I used the tactics that the ipod manual said to do which was toggle the hold button and then holding the menu button for six seconds. That didn't work. I also tried to safely eject the usb end of the port and my computer isn't even recognizing that it's plugged in to it. So basically, my ipod is frozen and I can't use the click wheel or change anything on the screen. So if someone can help me, that would be great.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
So have you taken it out of the usb plug.

sallysue

sallysue

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes, I have unplugged the USB

alexroa54

alexroa54

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
hold the menu and the little enter circle( the one in the middle) and hold it there for like 5-10 seconds it will go back to normal
this has happend to me before, I think it happens because you dont remove it from your computer before disconnceting it

sallysue

sallysue

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thank you that worked perfectly. thanks a lot

alexroa54

alexroa54

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
yeah that has happened to me too and when the computer doesn't recognize it try doing the same thing it sometimes works for that 2