Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Quick Key to switch between monitors?

• Please log in to reply

Kylestern

Kylestern

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Greetings,

Is there a quick key built into XP that allows you to switch between monitors? If so what is it? If not is there a way of creating one?

The reason i am asking is because i can plug my TV into the back of my video card, but it is [bleep] well hard switching between the monitor and my TV, having to go into the options and then not being able to find them on the poorer quality picture of the tv.

Please help.

Advertisements

Haz

Haz

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Built into XP no not as far as i know, the might be a key built into your driver package. What card do you have? Nvidia? as i know their setting you can change as i have one myself and have done what you have done and i can change between them with the keyboard shortcut. But iv its not Nvidia then what type because the chances are that you will be able to do the same with them.

Kylestern

Kylestern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
thanks for the fast reply :tazz:

Yes i am running on a Nvidia 6800. Hopefully this helps.

Haz

Haz

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
OK well did you install the drivers? If so you can do it though them if not download them here then ill talk you though how to do it.

Kylestern

Kylestern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Yep i installed all the drivers when i got the card...even have the options icon in the bottom right hand side.

Kylestern

Kylestern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
ACK!! i'm an idiot! all i had to do was use my eyes :tazz:

Thanks for pointing that out!!

Haz

Haz

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Hey glad it worked. :tazz: