Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What Music Television Should Be

• Please log in to reply

ShovelSmack

ShovelSmack

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I remember in the heyday of music television there was actual music playing on TV. I missed being able to turn on the TV and see live performances or music videos. I was flipping through DirecTV and noticed that they have free music channels and that they were playing this show called CD USA. They were playing a lot of mainstream artists but hey, live performances are what I dig. I even logged onto their website and their myspace account to give em some input. Is this where music television is heading? Is it a good thing?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
so far....most music tellevision type channels...always end up being like mtv or vh1...they can't make money just showing videos...because they can't get 24 hour viewers...you just tune in during the section that shows the songs you like....it's the nature of the beast....any music chanel that stayed just music...would be like 90% commercials...just to stay alive...now...once the "on Demand" type technology get's to where it needs to be...you'll be able to get alot better music stuff...because you have to pay for the service...and in theory they can charge per concert....so...they'll be able to support music stations better

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
We have a few music channels that play songs by request that how they earn the money, they are pretty good, there is a coupld of the interactive digital musuc channels where you can select genres, but most of the music channels are "main stream" which means dance techno crap and i like seemingly most normal people prefer rock of any vareity and some good indie music every now and again, you uses to get concerts on MTV2 every month usually but they have had fewer and fewer and ive just stopped watching it prefering internet radio. A good site i use to listen to music is called pandora its an excellent site you put in a song or an artist and it plays stuff like it. Hopefully there will be a video version eventually.

Blank Label

Blank Label

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I wish there was a music video channel that played ALL KINDS of music videos from country to classic rock to death metal. It shouldn't be a specific kind of music video station...one that just plays it all. No special shows...no crappy reality TV.

But, that would never happen...because people are all about the ratings and the dolla dolla bill....

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well i wouldnt watch that channel as i dont like country rock, but i dont see a problem of switching between a hard rock channel like kerrang to a soft rock like vh1. And if it played everything then i wouldnt watch cause i hate dance music with a passion, and then there is that bloomin crazy frog song.

Dip

Dip

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'd watch that channel, seeing as how I like all genres of music. Anyway, I saw that show that Shovel was talking about at my friend's house, since there was nothing else on and we were bored. Anyway, it was cool, I liked the way they ran things. (I also liked the live performances too.) The bands were sorta iffy, but they look like they'll have a better line up next week. (So I guess I'll watch it then too.) Anyway, it looks like it has lots of potential and it looks good too.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You like the crazy frog song?!?!?!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i like the part where he goes "bim bim"

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yes, the most annoying song in the world, its actually songs theres like a hundred variations of this stupid frog song it drives me insane its so annoying, it actually got to number one before christmas, come on its a guy making engine noises with a voice distorter, it was mildly amusing the first time you saw it on an advert but after that its just annoying. It all thats wrong with music these days, at least there is a growing awakening to music other than electronic dance and cheese and the oh so distasteful "straight up gangsta rap", come on the indie and rock scene and why does no one listen to classical music anymore, tchaicovsky, beathoven, mozart, bach and the other more modern composers, i dont listen to it enoigh but i do listen to ot and can appreciate the finer kinds of music and its slowly being degraded, the most classical music people here these days is from movies.

And im not even that into music i just like listening to it on the train.