Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC Extremely Slow after Login

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
I am using a toshiba satellite laptop and once I log in it takes forever for me to open up anything for instance as soon as I login I try to click on internet explorer and it takes a good 5 minutes for it to open up. I have ran chckdisk and that didn't help I have defraged the hard drive and that didn't help I also ran a virus and add ware/spy ware scans and the machine came back clean. I think what it might be doing once I log in is trying load to many applications at once. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to speed up the machine weather it be purchaseing somekind of software or just some other kind of fix I'm willing to spend some money. I would greatly appreciate the help. Thank You

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.geekstogo...topic=93311&hl=

you're already being helped here..please do not start a new thread unless you have a new problem