Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Logitech QuickCAm

• Please log in to reply

nottechy

nottechy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Logitech QuickCam® Communicate™ STX. I got it for Christmas. I have called their tech support and followed everything but no luck. I have installed the latest Direct, and their latest software and drivers. I uninstalled and tried more than once. I have XP and my computer is a HP. Its 1.3 processing and 768 ram, radeon video card with 128 meg built on it. I have 4 usb in back and 1 with the 9-1 reader in the front. I have my keyboard in 1 usb and my speakers in another, and my scanner (that's not turned on) in the other. I have tried the install in the fron and back usb's.

The actual probelm: I plug the cam in either from boot up or after boot up (no differance) It comes on and works perfect for a few minutes the first time and then the blue light on top turns off. Which stops sending the image, but doesn't freeze my system in any way. If I close the window for the cam and tell it to turn on the cam it tells me its in use by another application. If I unplug the cam and plug it back in, its good for another minute. And every so oftn it will keep working with no problems after I have started it and stopped it.

I am not very savy and that's why I have come to you. I would appreciate anything you can help me with.

Advertisements