Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

EXPLORER WINDOWS OPEN WITH DELAY

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Tremortime

Tremortime

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Anyone know what might cause explorer windows (like opening my computer) to take about 10 seconds to open up after clicking the my computer icon (or however you are opening a window)? This is new, and does not seem to correspond with software changes. Once you have an explorer window open, browsing within that particular explorer window (i.e. clicking on the c: drive) works instantly, as expected. However if you close the explorer window, or open a new one, it takes 10 seconds to open. Any ideas? Thanks.

(P.S. To avoid any confusion, I am not referring to internet explorer in any way.)
(P.P.S. I am malware free as far as TrendMicro, SpySweeper, Adaware, and Spybot are concerned.)

Edited by Tremortime, 25 January 2006 - 02:40 PM.

Advertisements

Tremortime

Tremortime

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Anybody have any ideas?!?

Tremortime

Tremortime

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I'm desperate here! Anybody got anything?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.geekstogo...topic=98123&hl=
duplicate post