Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS Outlook Reply Question

• Please log in to reply

drsnet41

drsnet41

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I'm Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 for my email. I have a signature setup listing out my name, phone number, web address etc.

I have Outlook configured so that if I hit reply it will include this signature.

For some emails, not all of them, when I hit reply I get my signature but it isn't in the correct format. There's a blank line between each line of text and I lose all my formatting, i.e., font size, type and color.

I also note that my default font for replying to the email has changed. It now defaults to Courier New point size 10.

What causes this and is there any way to correct it?

As I said above, some of my email replies work just fine. But others behave this way.

Thanks,

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
it's possible that the mails you are replying to aren't in the same format as the others...most of the time in outlook your default preference is to create (and thereby reply to) emails in html format...if someone sends you a mail that isn't in html format...then your signature (probably formatted for html)..won't show up right because it is using the formatting of the recieved mail...not your standard formatting

drsnet41

drsnet41

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
dsenette,

Thank you for this information. I believe this is the case. I received a text based email not an HTML email. Is it possible to convert it to HTML before I hit reply and send?