Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sound Problems

• Please log in to reply

Tactical error

Tactical error

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Ever since I began fixing my virus problems the sound has quit working on my computer. I thought it might be something to do with the drivers so I reinstalled those, that didn't fix anything though. I've checked to make sure that the speakers are plugged in properly and turned on, which they are. When I Checked the multimedia portion of the control panel the Audio portion is greyed out and inaccesable, also volume controls do not appear on the system tray. What else can I try short of a factory reset, and what if even that doesn't work?

Advertisements

Michlos

Michlos

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Have you checked to see that the sound card in recognised in the Device Manager?

Have you made any hardware changes lately? Even something is small as just moving a card to a different slot?

Tactical error

Tactical error

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Heh, this pc has on board sound, it's a d*** dinosaur. Anyway, I went ahead with the factory reset and the problem is no more. I guess I'll never know what it was but at least I've got sound again.

Michlos

Michlos

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Hey, as long as it works :tazz: