Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battlefield 2 lag

• Please log in to reply

Comrade General

Comrade General

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
For the first 15 minutes in-game(online or not) the game lags, but then it stops and runs great! Also, I am doing anti-alsing. Do you guys know anyway the make this stop? And why it would happen? Look at my specs in my signature, I don't think thats the cause. :tazz:

Edited by Comrade General, 23 January 2006 - 06:12 PM.

Advertisements

Townes

Townes

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
is there any support to the game that you might know of for it to run like another process or vid card process or stability of your hd maybe? im not that sure on games but what depending on ure hd and game setts can make a big or small difference.

Comrade General

Comrade General

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

is there any support to the game that you might know of for it to run like another process or vid card process or stability of your hd maybe? im not that sure on games but what depending on ure hd and game setts can make a big or small difference.

Umm, if you could make that abit more clearer... If I think I know what your saying then, all my parts are stable. I know that for a fact. Also, I should be able to play BF2 great without lag on high setting, but just to be good I have AA turned off. So I am somewhat wondering why it lags at the beginning, and the beginning only. It'll lag for about 10 minutes then it will start getting better... I just want to know if I can fix it and why its happening...

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Have you tried disabling one of the cores on your cpu.(in taskmanager)

Townes

Townes

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
all my parts are stable. I know that for a fact.

this isnt always true due to unproper uninstall of the registries of some programs. but to accordance of a core in taskmanager i dont think that would help much if any. it could be worth a try.

Comrade General

Comrade General

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Have you tried disabling one of the cores on your cpu.(in taskmanager)

How do I do that and would that help? If I shut down a core, wouldn't that slow it down? :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
No the game doesnt support dual core the other core is basically kicking its heels and interfering with the other one, i cant remeber the exact setting its like SMP_core 0 or 1 something like that not having a dual core i dont know it off the top of my head, google it its a known problem for many games on dual cores that arent proper dual core games(of which there is only like one or two and even at that they arent expressely dual core)

Comrade General

Comrade General

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
Well I found out how to run it just on one core and it runs better. Thanks. :tazz:

PS: Do you think I could handle Antialiasing?

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
With the specs of your PC you should be able to handle Antialiasing which out too much trouble.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
AA should be fine its nvidia so its not to much extra load for AA on it as the AA isnt true AA it takes less to run than it does on the ati cards as they use true AA or super AA as they call it.

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
How did you manage to get your dual core only running a single core? I want to try this but havent managed to find the answer yet!