Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty 2 DVD problem

• Please log in to reply

ICEX69

ICEX69

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi there peeps this is my first post so please be gentle.

I have just bought call of duty 2 and am having trouble with the game already.
My problem is that for some reason my pc wont recognise the dvd when I put it into the dvd drive.
Now I thought that my dvd drive is just slow but then I realised it still wasnt showing up after about 20 minutes in the drive.
I have seen somone else in this forum have the same problem but I was advised to start my own post up.
Please can somone tell me how to get round this problem as I feel like I've just wasted £30.
Many thanks in return :tazz:

Advertisements

ViperKillerWannabe

ViperKillerWannabe

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
Hey, this is my first post too, so don't hurt me either.

Before I reply, does it do it with all DVDs or just this one?

If it does it with all DVDs, your drive *may* be toast. I had this problem last year with two different DVD drives and ended up having to buy a new one. I'm not really complaining though, because the two I had were junk from the beginning and I ended up with a really nice one.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello to both of you and welcome to G2G!

Have you tried updating the drives firmware from the manufacturers website?
Have you tried a different DVD drive?

Edited by ZEUS_GB, 24 January 2006 - 02:46 AM.

ICEX69

ICEX69

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi there thank you for your quick response.
No it only seems to be happening with new games for some reason, games like battlefront 2 and half life 2 work fine in this drive but games like need for speed most wanted and cod 2 wont even recognise the dvd.
All that happens is that when you put the cd in you can see the green light flash on the dvd rom drive.
Another weird thing is that need for speed most wanted used to work as I had it installed and used to play it before with no problem and its only recently this has happend.
This is my only dvd rom drive so I cant try it in any other one.
Im at a loss what to do :tazz:

Toaltec

Toaltec

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all, ICE - I've got the same problem. Bought 2 copies (returned one already). All my other DVD based games work perfectly; I can play anything on DVD apart from Call of Duty 2! Updated my drivers and firmware already etc. etc. My PC is above spec. Some developer ain't done their homework (what a surprise). Anxiously awaiting a solution, as I've lost my receipt (LOL), but suspect that Activision will admint there's a problem soon.

Toaltec

Toaltec

• Pip
  • 2 posts
..... <additional - sorry, afterthought> Other observations: explorer just stalls (as does everything) until I eject the DVD. Until then, the DVD just keeps a-spinnin'. All WinXP updates applied, everything perfect on my PC. Just this. Paid £31! AArrgggh.